Welcome to our blog!
If you’ve found your way to our site, then the likelihood is that you are in need of some assistance. Perhaps you’ve discovered a problem patch of damp in your home or suspect there might be something sinister behind the newly-arrived population of mould and fungi now residing along your skirting boards and windows.
Well, the good news is that you’ve come to the right place! Our team of fully trained and accredited professionals are some of the leading damp proofing specialists in London, with plenty of expertise in everything from moisture control to battling dry and wet rot.
With years of experience working on residential, commercial and historical properties – each prone to their own particular set of issues – we take pride in providing a tailored service to our customers, helping you to identify and rectify any issues under the watchful eye of our MD and project manager, Ben.
More On Us…
- Established in 2003, we’ve been around long enough to have seen it all
- A small business by design, we put quality, personalised service above all else
- Experienced in the array of specialist projects you’d expect from an eclectic city like London, we have plenty of practice when it comes to historic buildings in need of preservation, restoration, damp proofing and associated services
- A forward-thinking company with a healthy respect for traditional practices; we can employ craft techniques where necessary for more sensitive projects – we are all-rounders!
- Fully qualified and well-regarded in the industry, our surveyors are Property Care Association (PCA) qualified, and we are Hertfordshire Trading Standards approved. We have also been associated with Checkatrade for more than a decade and we are a Which? Trusted Trader – so you don’t have to take our word for it to know we are the right guys to help you out!
What We Do…
- Damp proofing is our main area of expertise, and with damp and excess moisture being one of the top problems faced by homes and businesses, it is a good thing our team are on hand to provide remedial work. From surveying your property and identifying any issues present to investigative work to determine what the root cause and implications are – we provide a comprehensive start to finish service for all things damp related
- Timber treatment is another service in high demand. Wood is a perishable material, and with our soggy climate and warm, cosy homes, we inadvertently provide the “ideal” conditions for wet rot, dry rot and woodworm to occur. These can all become serious problems, quite quickly. As such, we’ve honed our skills to ensure we can offer a helping hand to get these cases treated and resolved efficiently
- Basement tanking has become an increasingly popular request, with many people in London especially choosing to convert their basements into rooms as a way to expand their home or business without having to move to a new property. Of course, conversion comes with its own challenges, and basement conversions are no exception. We can ensure your new room is properly prepped with structural waterproofing, so it is dry, safe and comfortable
- Refurbishment is often overlooked in the pursuit of remedial services. However, we take pride in delivering an end to end service and will work with you to carry out any refurbishment work you might need after your original issue has been addressed. Whether that means completing a wet room project or replacing a damaged ceiling, our specialists are on hand to help
Where We Work…
- London – The centre of our operation, being London-based allows us to cover a number of areas. We have particularly extensive knowledge of the architecture and the types of challenges that can be found in West and Southwest London, with regular projects in Isleworth, Kensington, Ealing and Twickenham
- Buckinghamshire – In addition to London boroughs, we also offer services to surrounding counties. Buckinghamshire towns and villages like Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe have an interesting mix of renovation and conservation projects for older buildings, as well as the usual problems to address in residential and commercial properties, so plenty to keep us on our toes!
- Hertfordshire – Another core area for our team, Hertfordshire is a stone’s throw from London and has plenty of buildings – old and new – in need of our specialist services. From newer towns like Stevenage to historic locales like Watford and Bishop’s Stortford, our expertise benefits Hertfordshire’s homes and businesses time after time
So, now you know us a bit better, we would love to hear more from you! Feel free to get in touch with our team of experts to learn more about the considerations you need to be aware of for your project. We can help with anything from damp proofing your London property to executing a search and destroy exercise for wet and dry rot. Get in touch now!